Marathon dive inplications?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Is it worth getting an oxygen bottle for such a scenario full of dives? I guess that an hour or two on oxygen between dives can give a broader safety-margin..
In the dives themselves, you can use Nitrox, and if you want to keep on the safe side- plan according to normal air (e.g. planning according to air, but breathing Nitrox).

A combination of these may be safer for such a marathon..

Thanks Dr.

Is there tables that are really designed for multiples dives ? Is it explicitely written that 3 or 4 dives are permitted, and how to calculate the deco ? :confused:

Thanks

vicky once bubbled...
Is it worth getting an oxygen bottle for such a scenario full of dives? I guess that an hour or two on oxygen between dives can give a broader safety-margin..
In the dives themselves, you can use Nitrox, and if you want to keep on the safe side- plan according to normal air (e.g. planning according to air, but breathing Nitrox).

A combination of these may be safer for such a marathon..

I like these suggestions as well. I'd also suggest having a large O2 reserve on hand, just in case.

Also, I would warn for the "competition" element. I'm not in favour of competition diving but if you must do it then make sure to keep it light and fun and give the divers involved a way to give up without losing face.

And I would also suggest picking an "easy" location with minimal current and decent visibility to keep the effort on the bottom to a minimum. And as Dr. Deco said you need avoid lifting. I would suggest organising some people to carry your weight belts, swap tanks, load and unload gear and so on.

R..

I was on 34% Nitrox. I sufferred no ill effects.

It was on a liveaboard. Warm water. Grat vis. Easy exits and entries. The boat stopped at 8 locations. We were all free to dive or not dive as we wished. I didn't want to miss anything.

My computer kept clearing me to dive. I ran the tables as well and didn't see any reason not to dive. Some of the later dives were kept pretty short. I drank HUGE amounts of water.

This isn't something I would do again after completing the coursework and tests for the divemaster certification. In retrospect I think I was taking too much of a risk.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom