Mapping project

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Can anyone tell me if PADI standards allow for a mapping project to be completed at any dive site?

The reason I ask is that I'll be in warm water over Christmas and would like to do my mapping project there, as opposed to my cold, home waters.

I've got a call into my instructor at my LDS, but I thought I'd check here, too.

TIA.

I like to use the mapping project as a look ahead for the other DMC task of leading certified divers. This way, the DMC can develop the map, and then use it in his/her dive briefing. I think it gives the mapping project a little more credibility when the DMC knows they will be using it in the future.

Just something to think about.

With your map, I always recommend that students complete a local site, that they are familiar with so that they try and create in their map, points of interest, that they feel will be of benefit and help future students. What would they want to see as well as the standard points.

Back
Top Bottom