Mapping PI Dive Sites on Google Maps...

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

check out what i did with the entry for balai...

it might be something we can do for our favored resorts as well as some choice sites...

Jag

u learn well... Now add a photo of balai, then select the picture and then link the homepage address to that pictures so now whenever some clicks the picture, it opens up the balai homepage... This is what I was raving about earlier... If these maps attract a lot of eyeballs (heck look at how often we get questions about "where should I go in PG... etc"), this would be a great little tool for all those shops, big n small... :D

would a slidehow be possible for the markers? isn't it limited to html only?

well flickr does that already with Yahoo maps (they are owned by Yahoo), where you can place as many pics. That's what got me thinking about creating these maps (I was putting my flickr pics to dive sites on the yahoo maps using the flickr tool).

For ex, click on the "Taken in Cebu, Central Visayas (map)" on the right hand side on this thresher photo of mine.

well flickr does that already with Yahoo maps (they are owned by Yahoo), where you can place as many pics. That's what got me thinking about creating these maps (I was putting my flickr pics to dive sites on the yahoo maps using the flickr tool).

For ex, click on the "Taken in Cebu, Central Visayas (map)" on the right hand side on this thresher photo of mine.

that is what we have to do :eyebrow:

Hey guys, test this is out and see if this might make sense.

If we have people load up all the individual maps, it's gonna bog down their PC's real bad unless they have massive amounts of PC memory.

I've taken the main Philippine map and simplified it. If you click on the tag for say Puerto Galera, you get the pop up marker and the option to open the detailed Puerto Galera map.

Give it a try and see if this might be a good idea.
Main Map

*Cabilao, Bohol, & Mindanao aren't hyperlinked yet...

Hey guys, test this is out and see if this might make sense.

If we have people load up all the individual maps, it's gonna bog down their PC's real bad unless they have massive amounts of PC memory.

I've taken the main Philippine map and simplified it. If you click on the tag for say Puerto Galera, you get the pop and the option to open the detailed Puerto Galera map.

Give it a try and see if this might be a good idea.
Main Map

*Cabilao, Bohol, & Mindanao aren't hyperlinked yet...

yep. this would be the best setup.

I'll dig our maps out and put the sites on the Goggle Map. I'm in. Great idea!!! Send out PM's to us when you are ready to commence work.

BabyD, go setup a google map account then PM the email address you used. Time to put Panay on the map... :D

If anyone wants to, Boracay, Tico/Donsol, and Mindanao are still untouched? Puerto Princessa? I'm gonna take a break :D

why can i not see any dive flags anywhere?

why can i not see any dive flags anywhere?

hmm.... I gotta figure that out... give it some time, maybe Google Earth is slow to upload them...

have fun Mags, don't wreck the maps by marking every single SM Mall in the country...:no

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom