map of cabin site point?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

nikwho

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
In the past I have just headed in the general direction of the van from cabin site. Once i found the van, I would head in the general direction of the bus and look for it. Im curious if there is a heading from a particular land mark on shore for the van and if anyone knows the heading to the bus from the van. also, the little boat off of the other side(north, i think) of the point. any heading from a landmark to get to the boat? Just thought that it would be a little better to have a more solid plan and get to work on navigation a little bit. thanks, Nik

I have dove Cabinsite many times and never took note of the heading. We allways managed to find the bus and the van. My first dive there was with Doug from Desert Divers in Vegas and I folllowed him. Later dives I was able to navigate by visual landmarks. No help there... I do know that one of the guys at Sports Ghetto in Vegas had a map of sorts that they gave out.

I did find this on another site:
At Cabinsite Point, you will find the boat launch signs at the water's edge. Go to the south cove and surface swim until you're out far enough to hit 20 feet of depth (not very far out). Line up the two signs and then take a 165 degree heading. Descend and swim that direction. You will find the bus at about 50 feet.

Hope that helps.

I think that is along the lines of what i heard about before. thanks. I have never had trouble finding them. was just curious for some navigation work.

Right here: Lake Mohave, along with directions to the other "wrecks" and a few photos.

Back
Top Bottom