Manual settings and the exposure meter

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Something wrong with your camera electronics possibly.

In general f8 at 125/sec will produce a useable image using ISO100 with 50mm lens in sunny conditions.

Something wrong with your camera electronics possibly.

In general f8 at 125/sec will produce a useable image using ISO100 with 50mm lens in sunny conditions.
Thnx, the pictures are fine just the meter is showing minus 3
The setting for one shot was 100/sec 5.6 iso 200,
I am wondering is this not an issue or am i not understanding the function

I assume (and others too most likely) you are shooting in Manual mode.

What camera and lens are you using?

I assume (and others too most likely) you are shooting in Manual mode.

What camera and lens are you using?
Yes with epl10 and 14-42 pancake lens

Yes with epl10 and 14-42 pancake lens

In which case I hope an Olympus user joins in as I have no experience with Olympus cameras apart from a TG5. My main land camera experience (and UW) has been with Nikons and older Pentax cameras (land only).

In which case I hope an Olympus user joins in as I have no experience with Olympus cameras apart from a TG5. My main land camera experience (and UW) has been with Nikons and older Pentax cameras (land only).
Thnx just something I was wondering about
The pix are coming out nice anyhow

That's about two f-stops more light on the sensor than "sunny sixteen" gives you. Even up here, with the sun pretty low on the horizon, "sunny eleven" should give a fairly decent exposure. Except mid-winter, when we probably should open yet another f-stop or two.

What metering mode are you in? If you are spot metering something dark, your overall exposure may be fine, but the meter will show negative.

What metering mode are you in? If you are spot metering something dark, your overall exposure may be fine, but the meter will show negative.
Ok thank you

Is it possible that Auto Exposure Lock is toggled on?

There is some customization on my Oly E-PL1 that can be set up for Back Button Focus and also uncoupling the Exposure from a shutter button half press.

I would also turn off the onboard strobe while you are testing.

Back
Top Bottom