manual mode...

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

newmanl

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
2500 - 4999
Hi Folks,

I shoot with a Canon 30D in an Ikelite housing with a single DS-160. Now, I want to add a second strobe as a non-wired slave (optical). In doing a little experimentation in a darkened room, I find the little green light under the "M" on the back of the housing does not light up when I switch the strobe from "TTL" to "Full", or when turned to any of the other power settings (on the strobe). Is that right?

In the test shots, the slave is not showing up in any of the photos and the exposures are unchanged with, or without, the slave in the frame. It looks as if I'm still in TTL mode (also indicated by the little green light below the "TTL" on the back of the housing).

I'm guessing I'm either missing something, or there's an issue with the strobe, or the housing, with respect to getting it into manual mode.

Any ideas or help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

Lee

Hi again,

Doing a little more reading on the Ikelite website, do I need an EV Controller to be able to shoot the DS-160 in manual mode...?

Thanks again,

Lee

To move into Manual mode using the housing's TTL electronics, you need to hold down the two pushbuttons simultaneously for a second or two. The strobe must be left in TTL. The pushbuttons on the back of the housing are then used to select the power of the strobe.

Regards,
Jean / Ikelite
IKELITE Underwater Systems

Thanks Jean! Somehow in my scouring of the book of words for both the housing and strobe, I missed that!

Test shots in the house today showed that it works just like I need it to!

Thanks again!

Lee

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom