Manta spring strap lengths

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Reaction score
Hey y'all. I'm just posting this in hopes it will help someone out. I was looking for these sizes a little while back and couldn't find them...ended up ordering the wrong size. These are for Manta spring straps, from their package, in the format

Size - length in inches - shoe size

Pin style:
XS - 10 - Special
S/M - 11.75 - 5-8.5
L/XL - 13.25 - 9-12
XXL - 14.5 - 12+

Clip Style:
S - 11.75 - 5-8.5
M - 13.25 - 9-12
L - 14.5 - 12+
X - 16 - Special

Hopefully the lengths will help people out. The shoe sizes are not necessarily applicable to everyone. I have 10.5 shoe size, but very high arches and wide feet. I always need huge fins, but then my foot is buried in them and my heel doesn't extend far. So I need huge fins, but apparently size small spring straps (M was way too big). Go figure. Anyway, hope it helps someone searching down the road.

Gregg

I bought home made spring straps from Boogie711 (http://www3.sympatico.ca/chatterton/). I've only got a few dives on them so far, but they work great, seem to be of high quality, are cheaper than the mantas and I believe they're one size fits all. They fit perfectly with my size 13 feet in Aqualung blades, at least.

The only downside is it took forever for them to arrive from Canada.

Thanks DOH.

Yeah... I wish there was something I could do about the shipping to California. Normally it takes about two weeks. I can do it in less but it would cost everyone more.

Maybe someday I'll get around to developing a higher-end website with shipping options and stuff, but that's treading dangerously close to soundling like a business, and I don't do this for the $$.

Really digging up this thread from the past, but how are these spring strap lengths measured? Is it from the longest point on each end of the spring strap (i.e. the part of the pin that sticks into the hole in the fin)?

Thanks.

Bob

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom