Manta sightings in Bonaire?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

That was a nice, long swim with the Eagle Ray, though you're young and were probably tearing through the water with little effort. We've been on Bonaire for a few weeks and seen lots of Eagle Rays, yet haven't been able to get them to let us stay around for very long. I always chastise my budding for swimming after them with his camera. He's already had ONE heart attack and those suckers can move out in a hurry. Nice, nice clip. Thanks for posting.

I was about to rip into you for not knowing the difference between a Southern Stingray and a Manta...but thankfully I watched the whole video. :)

I stopped it after 2 seconds and wasn't gonna finish it until I saw this post.

Fantastic video.

Sorry I had no faith. :D

I find myself getting so relaxed when I watch a ray swim along slowly.....it is just so graceful and purposeful that I tune everything else out and find myself in a special place :D.

That was a nice, long swim with the Eagle Ray, though you're young and were probably tearing through the water with little effort.

I don't recall really finning hard after it to get the shot. I usually try and hang back to avoid giving animals the feeling that I am chasing them.

I know what you mean though, they can really move when they want to. This one just happen to seem comfortable around me.

Wife and I saw a small (4 to 6' wing span) Manta at Andrea 1&2 last August in about 20' just as we started our dive.
We did the Kona night dive the year before and had 18 on the evening we did it.

Go to Kona, Hawaii and do the Manta night dive in 35 feet of water. Then your life will be complete.

Yeah... I got the "shoulda been here last week" experience on the night/Manta dive at Kona. :crying:

Enjoyed the manta video. Didn't mind watching the stingray first. I thought the footage of him in that descent glide was very cool. Of course, I was envious of the manta!!

Having done the Kona Manta Ray dive I will have to admit it's an experience well worth the cost of the trip!

My youngest was ho-hum on diving till that trip. The Manta's changed her whole outlook on the ocean!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom