Manta dive video

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Such beautiful, graceful creatures. The night shots are really cool! I see at least one has an injured or damaged left cephalic lobe. We see one over here on Maui like that fairly often at Ulua Beach. Looks like you scored diving Hawaii! I guess you'll be back? Thanks for sharing this.

Cool video! Glad you had a good dive... others haven't been so lucky in the last few weeks. But it seems to be picking back up again as the swell dies down.

I couldn't quite see the markings but I'm guessing that's Stubby who is missing the left cephalic fin.

And I'll use this thread as an opportunity to remind everyone to support the good folks at the Manta Pacific Research Foundation any way they can.

Thanks for posting.

-Eric

Such beautiful, graceful creatures. The night shots are really cool! I see at least one has an injured or damaged left cephalic lobe. We see one over here on Maui like that fairly often at Ulua Beach. Looks like you scored diving Hawaii! I guess you'll be back? Thanks for sharing this.

Thanks very much. No question I will be back, hoping to come back this May already!
Andy

Very cool video. You've really got me where I can't wait to get there. I just booked a trip to be there May 19th through 25th. We are doing a quick vacation with 3 nights in Oahu, and 3 on the Big Island. Had to make it short since we are using airline miles for free tickets and there weren't that many flights available, but it should be really great to get out there for even a few days. I really want to do the night Manta Ray dive right after we arrive on the evening of the 22nd, and then will probably do a couple mornings as well.

Back
Top Bottom