Manta and Whaleshark in Anilao!!!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

yet so good with salt, pepper and just a twist of lime...

Jag

hahaha... that's sick jag.. boo!! :angrymob: save the shark! save the shark! shave the shark! free willy! (ok not really a shark, but close)

you might get arrested for freeing willy.

not that willy... the other willy!!

:rofl3:

I believe the dive site in Donsol is called Manta Bowl... But I'm sure one of the PPDers can correct me if I'm wrong....:coffee:

yup its manta bowl, near ticao island. I was there 1quarter 08, managed to snorkel with 7 whale sharks and hit mantas 2 out of our 3 dives. 5 different mantas at different times, one stayed with us for close to a minute.

School of mantas i saw in malapascua.

hi mampsa
cool. U swam with WS Q1 of 2008.. may i know which month was it? i know March is the peak, but jan/Feb is unpredictable though.. ever heard of sightings in Jan/Feb? i am praying for WS in end Jan09 cos i'll be there...

hi mampsa
cool. U swam with WS Q1 of 2008.. may i know which month was it? i know March is the peak, but jan/Feb is unpredictable though.. ever heard of sightings in Jan/Feb? i am praying for WS in end Jan09 cos i'll be there...

I was there April, that was towrds the end of the season already but still managed to swim with 7 whale sharks. Note: Practice your swimming skills, it'll be a scramble when a spotter has a sighting.

I think January is start of the season, maybe even clearer waters and less visitors.

Dive Manta Bowl, ticao island had pretty good dives there. I recommend Steady Eddie dive center.. cheap rates and will go even with minimal divers on board. :)

Good Luck

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom