Mansfield, Sunday Oct. 26

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Heavy D once bubbled...
sounds great, I wasn't even sure what city OHS was in, lol. I'll definitely try to make it. Couple other questions though. Will the store open for us for tank rentals cause I saw thery normally open at 12 and what kind of wet suit will be needed for the water temp? Will 3mm be enough or should I look into renting a thicker one?
Mark told me today that the shop will be open at around 10:00 and there should be plenty of tanks. I'm planning on diving a 3mm shorty. I don't plan going much farther than 60 ft. since it gets markedly colder right around that depth once you hit the thermocline. If I was going deeper, I'd probably wear a full 3 with a hood or something thicker through the body.

carlislere once bubbled...
we meeting there or at the camping area closer to the dam?
[/B]
Good question - Mark just told me to meet up at the shop, which to me means there's no plan for folks heading straight to the dam. :) Last 2 times I was out there with OHS folk, we met up at the dive area, so I assume this will be the same. I think it's really a question of laziness in that no one wants to move their gear from the car all the way across the camp ground and then down the steps.

PurduEE ..... hadn't been on-line in a few days, so hadn't seen this post. Alan & I will see if we can't meet up with you guys tomorrow at the Park ...... it would be nice to put a few faces with names of some Swampsters ...... and become official members!!
:)

PurduEE .... sorry we never met up with you guys. We waited till about 11:20 before jumping in to get out of cold ..... so I'm not sure if you cancelled, were just late, or somehow we just missed you ...... hopefully catch you on another dive!!

Kathy

We were supposed to leave the shop at 11:00 and it takes us about 30-40 minutes from there to get to the dam. We didn't leave until 11:30 and probably weren't in the water until noon. Sorry we missed you. Were you down in the diving area? We were pretty much the only ones up in the camping area closer to the dam.

I'm sorry I missed you guys too. I got called in to work so I wasn't able to go. Hopefully I'll catch you on the next trip.

Oops- sorry PurduEE - misread the intial timing and thought you were meeting at the Lake at 11:00, not at the shop ..... we had parked down in the dive area rather than the camping area ... the Dam stairs (no pun intended!!:wink: ) are a real killer, so sometimes we just surface swim across .... hopefully we'll catch you on another dive ... although the lake temp is dropping pretty quick now!! We're shooting for a possible Saturday afternoon dive this weekend (after the UT game!) Don't know how many more we can get in as Alan only wears a Microprene 1/2 mil .....

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom