Mansfield, Sunday Oct. 26

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

PurduEE

Reaction score
A fairly large group of folks from Oak Hill Scuba are heading out to Mansfield Dam on Sunday. We're leaving from OHS (290 near William Cannon) at 11:00 on Sunday (not too early) and we're planning on heading out en mass and diving the face of the dam. I expect there to be divers of all levels interested in diving all kinds of profiles. This is an open call to anyone interested to come out and dive with us. I'll be the guy in the Oak Hill Scuba (not an employee, but #4 on the $$ spent list) shirt with the sternum bruised by LCRA's divers (I'll fill you in on Sunday if you're interested). :)

I imagine after the dive, a fair amount of us will adjourn to Boomer's next to OHS for a post-dive debriefing over beers.

Here's your chance to become a bonefide Swamper!

I might actually be able to make it. Can someone fill me in on where Mansfield Dam and OHS are exactly. Like I said, I live in San Antonio and have only been in TX a year, so I haven't gotten around much. Just pm me or something. Thanks.

www.oakhillscuba.com

Here's the directions to the store and a picture of the storefront:
http://www.oakhillscuba.com/map.html

Coming from SA, I'd go I-35 north to Austin (about an hour, San Marcos is 1/2 way), take the 290/71 (also known as Ben White Blvd.) and head west (left turn) on 290/71. On 290/71, take the industrial oaks/monterrey oaks exit and stay on the frontage road. Oak Hill Scuba will be on your right just past the YMCA (2 lights).

We'll be heading over to the dam as a group and hopefully we can carpool as much as possible.

sounds great, I wasn't even sure what city OHS was in, lol. I'll definitely try to make it. Couple other questions though. Will the store open for us for tank rentals cause I saw thery normally open at 12 and what kind of wet suit will be needed for the water temp? Will 3mm be enough or should I look into renting a thicker one?

76F at surface, 67F at 100'...vis was pretty poor (<5').

I'm in O'Hare on my way out of the country, on business - - It would have been fun!
;-0

By the way - Ian - Yes indeed, you can dive right up to the inlets - they have grates in front of them. I believe the turbines are on the other side - BUT - they make a really ugly subsonic thrumming - I get kinda spooked if I'm very close at all - Good thing!

-=&gt;Larry&lt;=- once bubbled...

By the way - Ian - Yes indeed, you can dive right up to the inlets - they have grates in front of them. I believe the turbines are on the other side - BUT - they make a really ugly subsonic thrumming - I get kinda spooked if I'm very close at all - Good thing! [/B]

Thanks Larry. I have heard the noise you mention and it is ugly. Just figured it was best to keep well away,but now you say its OK..................

PurduEE,
I will meet ya'll at Mansfield Park. Mark told me we would meet at the Dive area. Are we meeting there or at the camping area closer to the dam?

Back
Top Bottom