Manbo/Sunfish/Mola-Mola Sightings

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

sushimassa

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
pauls_mola_mola.jpg

During a trip to Tago a couple of weeks ago where we saw a small 1-1.5 meter Manbo, and now with a second sighting in Atami this weekend, it seems the Manbo is cruising the waters around Izu at the moment.

TJO spotted a pair of them (of a similar size) at about 18 meters near the Chinsen on Saturday.

I was wondering if anyone else has spotted them, and if there are any larger ones out there? These things are supposed to get quite large (3-4 meters!) and would love to see one that size!

There's some good resources out there, but especially a great presentation, here

And while not related to the Sunfish, on the same site is a pretty cool (but short) presentation on some amazing underwater shots, here. (You gotta check out the octopus at the very end of the presentation...)

Your avatar is the best I've seen yet!

For the sunfish - no... too cold for me to dive currently :( At least I'll get a chance to service my regs I guess.

Too cold? Winter's a great time to dive!! Not as many pretty fish, but visibility is a lot better without schools of white-fins stirring everything up!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom