Manatees

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

wardric:
thanks. This thread dates a bit though (2003) and as businesses change or close, I wanted up to date (2006) info on the subject b/c I have 25 hours to drive there and I dont want to arrive at a closed door.

thanks again, it'll give me appreciations of different places by different people.

This time of year, I would contact them prior to arrival and make reservations. They can get very busy. It would be worse to drive down there and not find a operator that has room for you.

DPJ:
This time of year, I would contact them prior to arrival and make reservations. They can get very busy. It would be worse to drive down there and not find a operator that has room for you.

ok thanks. I dont go only for that though but i wouldn't want to miss an opportunity

I'll second the idea that reservations would be a good idea especially at that time of year. I personally have gone with Birdsunderwater several times, both in the winter and in the summer when I took my wife, daughter, grandson and his friend. We have always had a great trip! It may cost a little more than renting a boat and going on your own but for a first time it may be worth it to be able to relax, have fun and let someone else do the work part. Whatever you decide have fun!

I'm going out with American Pro diving on Monday for a Manatee snorkle tour. I'll post a report on them for you Monday evening.

Went to Port Hotel for our annual Christmas dive trip. Cheap & clean which was all we were looking for. They are right acroos from the main springs. If you mention to Fred in the diveshop that you are with scubaboards they sometimes cut you a break on pricing of the boats :) Kings Springs was barren of manatees on Christmas day & vis was too bad at 30' to do much so we pulled anchor. We headed to Three Sisters. Never made it into the springs as we had a private audiance with 14 of the manatees including a bunch of babies right at the entrance. One of the bulls had to be over 12' & over 2000lb. The Manatees are silting up Kings Spring & Three Sisters pretty good but it was still a great time .

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/
https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom