Manatee Springs Questions

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

H2Andy

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
i've never re-filled tanks near Manatee Springs, so i don't know if there's
a shop near there. anyone know where the nearest place is that i can get
a refill? is there a shop in Chiefland?

also, i've never tried to get out of the Park and come back in. do they let
you leave and come back without having to pay again?

thanks in advance

H2Andy:
i've never re-filled tanks near Manatee Springs, so i don't know if there's
a shop near there. anyone know where the nearest place is that i can get
a refill? is there a shop in Chiefland?

also, i've never tried to get out of the Park and come back in. do they let
you leave and come back without having to pay again?

thanks in advance
Not sure there is a store near there, nearest might be up towards Ginnie which is 60ish mins away or so or down to the operations in Williston. Is there anything in Fanning Springs around those caves/springs? I have always either taken my doubles or two tanks, otherwise you are left with only one. No shop, last time i was there anyway in Chiefland.

As for entrance/exit, they only let in 35 per day, they might be nice enough to hang onto your card, but they have restriction on how many cave divers are allowed in, or cavern divers per sink, so if they are close to the limit on cavern divers they might like you to sign out so they can let others in. They may or may not give you some kind of proof of entrance, of course i have never even considered it as i have the annual pass so can get in multiple times for "free".

The limits IIRC when i checked out the board and they explained the system last time i was there are 6 cavers max and 8 cavern in the main spring, 4 max in the other full cave only parts. Once any of those cave/cavern leave, others can go in, assuming they havent hit 35 max for the day, the rest can be OW divers, its complicated for sure up to that 35 diver limit.

Part of the waiver you sign states you have enough tanks to complete your dives, i assume this is due to having no facilities in the park, but maybe it is also an entrance/exit clause?

yeah, i guess just getting two tanks, even if i have to do it from separate
shops, is the best way to go

thanks simon

Hi Andy,

I asked about air when Simon and I dove there last summer. No air nearby. I even called the local Chiefland fire dept. but they said no air for recreational divers.

hey wings... haven't seen you around for ages

good to see you, hope all is well

thanks for the info

Yeah,

I got a new business going in Sept. that had me in Atlanta and Pennsylvania for 6 months. I'm back!

I'm going to Oceanfest and Marvel's beach diving party April 15th. It will be good to see some old friends. Hope we can do a dive soon.

James

are you coming to the MegaDive?

lol... well.. hope to see you there :wink:

Closest fill to Chiefland is probably in Williston at Blue Grotto and Devils Den. About 15mins.

https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom