Manatee Meeting & News

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Disgusting. I've been on trips twice. Both times, it was made painfully clear that were we to use more than one hand, or do anything else that qualified as harassment (and it was defined) we would be returned to the dock forthwith. (no refunds, neither) On the second trip, our guide jumped all over another group (either on their own or with another company) about harassment. That has been 13 years or so. I'd love to take my kids down to swim with the manatees. It was an incredible experience. I don't want to see it stopped, as I feel that a physical interaction has much more impact than seeing them from behind plexiglass. OTOH, the folks in that video need to be tasered.

So, how did the meeting go?? Were there any changes made? Been a while since I looked into it.

Holy cow.... No pun.... I was unaware that the numbers of the West Indian Manatee had fallen to roughly 300 individuals... That disturbs me greatly...

Back
Top Bottom