Manatee diving best dive tour

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

MtnDiver:
We went with Crystal Lodge Dive Center located at the Best Western Crystal River Resort.

The dive shop is located by the pool at the motel. You can just walk from your room to the boat.

Captain Andy was our captain for our tours. We plan on using them again this coming January.

They do guided Manatee snorkeling tours as well as guided river and spring dives, or you can rent a boat and go out yourself.

I have been out with Crystal Lodge Dive Center a few times myself, and have always had a good time. I took my oldest son to swim with the manatees when he was 8, and they treated him great!!!

I would recommend them.

Scott

I have taken several trips to swim with the manatees, and the most fun was a rented pontoon boat with 5 adults and 4 kids. we went to the spring and saw some divers. then we went looking in the canals and found several manatees who wanted company. the kids loved the school bus size puppys. snorkling is the best way to get close, they will come up to you if you are snorkling. scuba seems to scare them more. a real good dive site is aslo Wiki Wachie springs they usully have a few resident manatees there and the dive is OK. What ever you decide to do, if you have not done it before bring a camera. Evan the bad shots are good. If you don't have a underwater camera one of the cheep disposables works. We missed a lot of great shots and got a few as well on later trips. It is my far my favorite trip.

We went with American Pro Diving last December and they were great for us. No diving allowed with the manatees just snorkling but we added a cavern dive to the trip River is spring fed so it will always be 72. Keep in mid that you may be in the water up to 1 1/2 hours. We rented wetsuits. The coldest part is back on the boat after the dive. Take something warm for the post dive boat ride back. We had a great time. Make sure to take your underwater camera. They told us the best time to see them is when it is the coldest. It was very cold the day we went and we saw alot of them, so maybe that is true.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/
https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom