Manado or Lombok? January diving

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Reaction score
# of dives
0 - 24
Hi guys!

Am pretty new to diving having just got certified last December in Bali. I'm planning to go away in mid Jan next year for about 7 days and have heard great things about Manado & Lombok.

The thing is that it's kind of taking place in the wet season so wondering whether it's gonna impact the visibility much and which of these 2 will be a better choice?

Thanks in advance! :wink:

Manado has much better diving options.
Lombok is a fantastic place topside. Great beaches, relaxing atmosphere but i think it will be windy at that time.

Go Manado.

So what type of diving is to be experienced if one goes to Lombok then? Which dive op to go for also. There hasnt been much discussion on this place on the forum of late and Im curious.

Hmmm... Ok, decided to go with Manado, Kima Bajo Resort & Spa which had like good & bad reviews on TripAdvisor! Gosh... shall let everyone know in end Jan when I'm back on whether it's value for money.

Anyone else had gone there before?

Cheerioz~ :wink:

I like Kima Bajo, I only had great experiences with them. Very helpful, super guides, easy hang out resort, great diving. I also went to Lombok and I did not like it, crap diving but nice beaches. Nice to hang out but everybody is busy watching movies all night. Even during dinner.....

It is possible to do a day trip to Lembeh from Kimabajo. 2 hour drive and do 3 dives and be back by dinner time.

If you stay already in Manado, you don't need to go to Lembeh. Many shops in Manado dive also in Popo, a site, close to manado, where you can see everything at one site, what you have in Lembeh on 40 sites.

Back
Top Bottom