Manado, North Sulawesi

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Hi there,

I'm going to Manado in february. Any suggestions, tips or do's/don'ts.

I have been there three times and can help with any particular questions if you PM me.

Lembah is very unique for underwater photography for a few reasons; shallow depth (25 M), black sand for wonderful background and the variety of sea life is fantastic. I would think about several days in the straight.

Lots of good diving all over but Lembah is very very special.

I would think about several days in the straight.

Even if the strait is straight, it's still a "strait", not a "straight". :wink:

Even if the strait is straight, it's still a "strait", not a "straight". :wink:

Why didn't you call him out for spelling Lembeh wrong too?

But the strait is only muck-diving, no?

Not 100%, but close. The beauty of Lembeh, besides the great muck diving, is that it's so close to so much other great diving, as others have already said. It's very easy to to do a joint Bunaken/Lembeh trip, combining muck with coral reefs and walls. Or Lembeh/Bangka, for muck and soft coral. Or Lembeh/Bangka/Bunaken/Sangihe, for all of the above plus underwater volcanoes! You have many choices, but February is not the prime time to venture out of Lembeh Strait, as you may encounter lumpy seas ... or not. Is your travel already reserved, or can you go later, when the sea conditions are more likely to be stable?

Back
Top Bottom