man attacked by giant...

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

sorry you had to miss out on dive #2. Was FREAKIN' awesome . met a seal and played with us the whole time. Actually I was a little freaked at times cause he was tugging on ryan's and my fins at times and was swimming kinda close. I just was not sure how he was going to react.was he just playing or protecting his area? Then back in the shallows for entry/exit he was swimming on his back underwater and almost seemed to want his tummy rubbed. he did not seem to hungry for my fins but he loved ryans. biting and pulling, even got the finstrap off once. was good for a chuckle afterwards.
we'll have to dive it again.the wall could be dived shallow or into the abyss. we maxed at 60ish(I'd have to look on my computer) until it got to the boring open sand then turned around to play with the seal again. too bad you missed out.
keep in touch and we'll hook up again.
happy holidays,
Les

Hey...
that sounds like the same seal that harassed my buddy and chomped on my dryglove back in summer at Ansel. They're just like puppy dogs... can get a little distracting having one tag along, though. Guess we should have stuck around for the second dive. Our 2 at Whytecliff afterwards were relatively uneventful, but calm and relaxing (and a wee bit chilly).

Sorry to hear that the misadventures continued. We all have those dive days... they suck, but you usually learn a lot about your gear and your tolerated frustration levels. I don't know why it's everything all on a single day sometimes, but I think just relenting and calling your dive was a good idea. Accidents usually have a long string of little things leading up to them in this sport and when it feels like I'm battling with one thing after another I try to stop and think about whether or not I should step into the water at that particular time.

Les: I'm really glad that you guys had a great 2nd dive :) I'm sorry to miss out on the fun with the seal of course, but there will always be other days.

Ness: I totally agree that there are days where you know you shouldn't head out. I've cancelled whole day motorbike trips because I had a 'gut feeling'. It's always the right thing to do. When that 2nd tank had an issue I knew it was time to call it. :)

les i think next time we should hit that wall deep maybe 100 it was pretty boring at 60. Maybe there is some cloud sponges down there. The seal was pretty amazing it will be a hard dive to top. :D

Nice computer, by the way Ryan.

Ryan: Don't tell anyone, but I heard a rumour that Ness secretly wished her computer was pink

:D

jeckyll:
Ryan: Don't tell anyone, but I heard a rumour that Ness secretly wished her computer was pink

:D

dont tell anyone but i do to. Hot pink is makin a comeback its like the new black hahaha.

I was hoping for more of a bubblegum pink, but hot pink IS more retro chic, isn't it? :wink:

Ew. Pink. It's all about the green!

Tjose who wear pink or have any pink accessories are silly nillies. Yep. :wink:

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom