Mammoth Park?????????

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Okay. Now I understand. Silly me. I was looking at your Texas location (profile info) and just assumed that somehow I had missed a lake near Killeen TX. Now it all makes sense.

MackDiver, Wonder Lake aka Canyon Lake -- is that the one that the lake located on the Guadalupe River just upstream from Gruene TX? Next question, why do you say "wonder why you bothered?" Is the vis that bad? or are there other issues with diving there?

It was more poking fun at Canyon Lake than anything else. The vis there is typically poor, there is a lack of underwater features and there is only one park that is accommodating to scuba divers. Also, it can be tough to get a spot in that park during the busy season. I must admit that I did part of my advanced OW class there 20 years ago. I guess its an OK place for folks from the San Antonio area that don't want to drive all the way to Lake Travis. In fact, I think more SA divers go to the Comal river than Canyon Lake.

Okay. Now I understand. Silly me. I was looking at your Texas location (profile info) and just assumed that somehow I had missed a lake near Killeen TX. Now it all makes sense.

Nothing silly at all....I travel alot....Actaully too much(Gov Contaractor, retired military). If I can, I take my gear with depending on my timeline, mission and were I am going.

The offical date of opening is the 1st weekend of March.

Michael,

Thanks for the update. I am looking forward to diving at ML.

Vanessar

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom