Mammoth Lake

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

MudMD

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
25 - 49
What's going on with Mammoth Lake? I know they opened it a few weeks ago but there hasn't been much discussion about it since then.

Tom

Vis was terrible, 1-2', when I took my Stress & Rescue class early April. It took us 29 minutes to find the missing diver. I went a couple of weeks ago and the vis was better, 8-10'. It seems to be better in some areas than others. It doesn't take much to stir the sediment up and make it messy. I'm diving Mammoth this weekend and taking my Nav class. There's a lot of things to see if the vis is good. They've worked hard to make this a great place to dive and continue bringing the vis up.

I'm wanting to take my wife somewhere for her to get a few dives in- she did her checkouts last summer but hasn't been in the water since. If viz is consistently in the 8 to 10 foot range in Mammoth Lake it might be worth a trip there.

Im planning on going next weekend, going to be in the Houston area already and figured I would check it out.

Back
Top Bottom