Mammoth Lake to close end of September

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

That's a shame. I really like mammoth lake. It's one of the best lake dives in Texas IMHO.

This is going to be quite a loss. One of the larger sites in the Houston area.

I did see on Facebook that they are advertising 20% everything in their shop. They were a Scuba Pro dealer.

The way Mike Cryer got done by the owner of the building and lake at the end of his run there makes me think that the owner wants more than his place can generate. It's just a scuba park, for goodness sakes. What is he going to do with it, make it a gravel pit again?

There is another thread discussing this, but from what I can gather, the current shop owner is getting out and the lake owner is supposedly finding someone new to run the site.

Makes you think that the costs to lease the shop is too much or something with everybody going out of business that runs that shop. Im thinking one of the Houston area dive shops might jump in there and reopen the shop. Seems like a pretty good location just to sit vacant, but guess its all relevant to how much it costs to keep the place open.

Dove there for the first time this past weekend. We enjoyed the diving there. Hopefully someone can keep it going.

I have jumped out of C-130 aircraft many times, but hand't ever been diving in one before. Pretty cool! If I get time this week I will edit some of the gopro video I shot.

The Mammoth Lake Dive Shop closed last Sunday.

According to lake owner's facebook page, divers are now suppose to pay Maximum Scuba their entrance fees and give them their releases.

There is no word yet as to if instructors, AIs, and divemasters have to pay the entrance fee as well.

Back
Top Bottom