Mammoth Lake advice

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Trip, I didn't think the Fling allowed rebreathers?

The Fling still doesn't that I'm aware of. I'm heading offshore for a three day weekend with someone I know who has a 40+' Trawler.

I would be happy to go offshore aboard the Fling if they allowed rebreathers.

How bad/heavy are the students and classes on weekends this time of year? It would suck to make a 5 hour drive, 2 nights in a hotel etc. to get in the water with 100 students.

Generally speaking, the students will not destroy vis as bad as your thinking. Yes it will be silted up some around attractions behind shop, but still enjoyable. My advice, dive the C-130 and other attractions near dock just behind shop first thing in the morning while students are doing pool lesson, etc. Venture out to middle lake and backside of lake after lunch.

Trip, we will be there diving all day Saturday. If you think you can make it let me know. We're driving in Friday night, hotel, diving all day Saturday, hotel, then heading back home Sunday.

Hey look, I actually used the quote correctly!

Anyway, the kid and I might be down in your neck of the woods in December, Ken. As you know, we dive dry so water temps won't be an issue. Maybe we can grab another dive or three. :)

I'd love to dive with y'all again, but work might interfere. We'll be in the early stages of commissioning a new plant which has a whole lot of online analytical equipment, so I anticipate being on 6x12's again by then. Hopefully I'll be free to join y'all.

Trip, we will be there diving all day Saturday. If you think you can make it let me know. We're driving in Friday night, hotel, diving all day Saturday, hotel, then heading back home Sunday.

Just sent you a message with my contact info.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom