Malta recommendations

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

sinidive

Registered
Reaction score
I'm staying on Malta for multiple weeks in November-December and looking for recommendations. Probably looking for two different places:

I would love to explore some wrecks if shallow enough to do it sensibly (don't want to do deep air...). Certified for AOW+Deep+Advanced Wreck, but wreck stuff is somewhat rusty. Would love to have someone who can give tips, but not looking for a formal course. Very flexible on timetables/sites/groups/specifics, but not a ton of money. Have my own gear (typically use a DIR-like configuration). Both main island or Gozo is fine, and hoping to dive a lot.

One week a friend of mine is joining me and we are staying together near Valetta. She is a fresh OW diver and want her to have few days of chill and relaxing dives. So perhaps something with smallish groups and/or easy slow dives.

Recommendations for either case?

Malta is awesome for wreck diving, you'll have a blast! However, most (not all) sites are in fact rather deep (30m+) and surface conditions can vary quite a bit.

I was with Divewise years ago and would recommend them!

Now if you'll excuse me, i'll go look for flights myself...

I'm staying on Malta for multiple weeks in November-December and looking for recommendations. Probably looking for two different places:

I would love to explore some wrecks if shallow enough to do it sensibly (don't want to do deep air...). Certified for AOW+Deep+Advanced Wreck, but wreck stuff is somewhat rusty. Would love to have someone who can give tips, but not looking for a formal course. Very flexible on timetables/sites/groups/specifics, but not a ton of money. Have my own gear (typically use a DIR-like configuration). Both main island or Gozo is fine, and hoping to dive a lot.

One week a friend of mine is joining me and we are staying together near Valetta. She is a fresh OW diver and want her to have few days of chill and relaxing dives. So perhaps something with smallish groups and/or easy slow dives.

Recommendations for either case?
Hi there - I went diving in Malta in November over a couple of days 2 years ago. One thing to bear in mind is that due to depths & steep drop-offs from shore, a great many dives are advanced-level (>18m), so your friend should have instructor-level support and/or consider doing their advanced OW beforehand.

Malta is awesome for wreck diving, they've got options for everyone from OW upwards, and a lot of it accessible from shore. I strongly recommend Divewise in St. Julian's.
Just be aware that Nov/Dec the weather can be quite variable, so expect for the occasional day where you can't dive.

Just be aware that Nov/Dec the weather can be quite variable, so expect for the occasional day where you can't dive.
It those cases, we dive on the other side of the island. There is always a safe place to dive!

Back
Top Bottom