Malta and Spain no longer require medicals

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I asked some ops from Spain at the dive show and was told repeatedly that they do not require medicals, and you can self certify!!!!, They all said that the laws had been "relaxed" :11: . God only knows what "Relaxed" means :eyebrow: but this is what I was told. One also gave the same reply that I got from the reporter at Diver.....

This just causes more confusion as far as I can see.

Something must have happened earlier this year.......................but what?

Paul Evans:
I asked some ops from Spain at the dive show and was told repeatedly that they do not require medicals, and you can self certify!!!!, They all said that the laws had been "relaxed" :11: . God only knows what "Relaxed" means :eyebrow: but this is what I was told. One also gave the same reply that I got from the reporter at Diver.....

This just causes more confusion as far as I can see.

Something must have happened earlier this year.......................but what?

Well, how about asking them since they are the ones saying it, and as i said before, ask them to put it in writing quoting the relevant legislation! I have quoted the relevant legislation as i know it, if they know better, tell them to put it here. I think they are just talking s**t. They may not require medicals, we do not, but as far as i can determine, spanish law does. I know its b**l but its law. As for relaxed, either it is law or it is not, no half way.

None of the schools in my area have been informed of a rule change, you still need a medical certificate from a doctor, spoke with one of owner this morning, he simple said this, " If you haven´t got a medical certificate and Insurance, you won´t be diving with me ".

This guy owns the oldest diving school in the area, I´m quite sure if there had been changes in the law, he would know about it. He also has a very close relationship with the Gaurdia, and these guys are pretty keen on people abiding by the rules and regulations.

All the best.

Pete.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom