Malfunctioning!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

doctock993

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
I loved my uemis until the last day of diving - it started, mid-dive, switching to a green "Booting" screen then to the blue "opening" screen & jumped from 3 green bar of charge to "out of power" message. Then it seemed to resume normal functioning and I was able to complete my dive.
After I charged it overnight, I went to check how many hours until flying time: At first it seemed to be working normally, then it suddenly started switching between the "Booting" Screen and then the "Opening" screen - over and over.
No buttons affect any change.
Attaching to the USB cable does nothing to change this.
The only way it stops is by running out of power.
There is no communication with my computer.
I have no way to download my dives.

I'm really upset and have no idea what to do now!

My Uemis developed that exact fault, would get a booting screen then it made three tones then went to the blue screen, it would then re-boot again, over & over again.
It stopped once the battery ran out of power.
The unit was replaced by the dive centre I purchased it from.
I am now on my third unit and so far so good! I hope the updates have addressed this problem, however I always have this nagging thought of another failure as my replacement has a lower (earlier????) hardware serial no.
In last months Dive magazine they did an artical on air intergrated computers, the one they were using in the test failed on its first outing!

My fingers are crossed as now we are nearing the end of this years season my dives are getting deeper & mandatory stops are becoming more frequent......

I would like to know how frequent failures are with the SDA, I have had two.....
Any one else?????:idk:

Recall pending?

Back
Top Bottom