Maldives - September - Sea Queen/Spirit?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

DontLieToMe

Contributor
Reaction score
I am thinking of heading to Maldives in late August or early September. I understand this is monsoon time - wind, rough seas? Should I wait until later in the year?

Also, any experience with Sea Queen/Spirit? They are offerring discounted trips during this period?

Was looking at visiting Maldives in September this year, and my favourite dive shop advised not to because of the monsoon - From October onwards should be ok

frogfish:
Was looking at visiting Maldives in September this year, and my favourite dive shop advised not to because of the monsoon - From October onwards should be ok

when is the right season to dive in maldives? I'm now planning my honeymoon trip. Maldives is in our list.

Any recomendation on dive shop? need more advice from u.

Thanks.

I have just come back from 2 weeks on Kuredu (mid-end November), we had a bit of rain but generally speaking the weather was fantastic - and more importantly the diving was great, with loads of mantas, grey reef sharks, eagle and sting rays etc.
Whilst the weather is supposed to be best from December through April, I believe the diving is good pretty much all year round (friends of mine dived in the rain this July and saw Hammerheads and Whalesharks !).
The Sea Spirit and Sea Queen enjoy excellent reputations, I've booked on the Sea Spirit myself for April after speaking to friends who have had fantastic trips on both boats.

Jonathan

I think this does vary obviously. No-one can sensibly predict the weather but here goes anyway....

I went to South Ari atoll a couple of years back end of August, beginning of September. Generally the weather was fantastic. 30C most days. I think I had one day where there was a bit of rain.

It sometimes rained in the evening and if it does it is a heavy...(I mean HEAVY!) short burst and then stops and dries up.

Heres a link with more information:

http://www.zerovisibility.co.uk/Maldives%20feature.htm

Hope this is of some help!

We were in the Maldives from early to mid-November. It drizzled quite a bit... the boat kind of sailed through "pockets" of rain. Still, the dives were great.

i came back from helengeli
i went for two weeks from the 8th to the 23rd towards the end of the trip the rain got worse, but it wasn't a problem, after all most divers get wet, rain is wet didn't affect my diving, did 33 dives all without incident
i'd say go for, don't worry about the weather
:wink:
perhaps just aim your trip towards manta and whale shark season
that's what i'll be diong
:wink:

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom