Maldives PCR entry requirements

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

moorish8idol

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
Hello all!

Does anyone have any insider scoop on whether the Maldives will be maintaining the PCR testing requirements for (fully vaccinated and boosted) tourists entering the country, for the foreseeable future? These requirements have largely been dropped in Europe and North America and, frankly, it would be a big relief/incentive if the Maldives followed suit. Thanks!

Put it the other way! Which country in Asia does not require PCR test as one of the pre-requisite entry requirement?
Malaysia is closed, Indonesia requires 3 day of quarantine.
PCR test is expensive in Canada, isn't it?

Still the same last time I was there (March 2021):
“All travelers to Maldives should hold a negative result for a nucleic acid test (PCR test) for Covid-l9 prior to entry in to the Maldives, including those who have completed the prescribed dose(s) of Covid-19 vaccines. The sample for the PCR test must be taken at most 96 hours before departure from the first embarkation point.”

Official government pages haven't updated yet but I am getting news from my LOB and travel agency pages that the Maldives have now dropped the PCR requirement for entry for tourists that are fully vaccinated (2 doses at least 14 days ago)... hope its true!

Hold you horses...
It's currently only on Tweet for the MoT. Although standard practice, i would not risk it until official announcements on IATA & co...
Saying that.... Update... the Circural is out. see above.

Its official now (and reflected on IMUGA). Fully vaccinated travelers only need to fill out the health declaration before arrival. No more PCR needed.

Reactions: Dan
Yep... finally. And as important: no PCR test needed anymore to leave the Maldives if you stayed on an inhabited island.
See IMUGA
Airlines are starting updating their information but it looks like someone forgot to inform the IATA this time...

Yep... finally. And as important: no PCR test needed anymore to leave the Maldives if you stayed on an inhabited island.
See IMUGA
Airlines are starting updating their information but it looks like someone forgot to inform the IATA this time...
Some countries still insist on PCR test as part of entry requirement. So airlines not IATA would still insist on checking the PCR test record.
Check the entry requirement of your own country because you might not be allowed to board the plane.

Back
Top Bottom