Maldives in 4K, HDR - Lhaviyani Atoll

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Nice video! Are all these dive sites a short boat ride from the Lhaviani Atoll?

cool video, thanks for sharing

Thanks! And yes, indeed they are…. Lhaviyani atoll has a good range of dive sites, from walls and house reefs, to wide open channels.

Nice to know there are other options not from a Liveaboard … how many days stay is good to cover all the best dive sites around here?

Nice to know there are other options not from a Liveaboard … how many days stay is good to cover all the best dive sites around here?
Yes, I've done quite a few liveaboards in the Maldives, on our usual annual holiday... The "agreement" with Mrs is she likes to spend a half the time on an island, then I'm "allowed" :wink: the remainder of the holiday on a liveaboard :cool: (she does dive too, but isn't so keen on the liveaboards).

So we've been to Komandoo Island (Lhaviyani atoll) once before in early 2020 - it's an adults only Island, and it's pretty central in the Lhaviyani atoll, so you can get to alot of dive sites - we spent 16 days there this year (no liveaboard), and I wasn't left feeling I "needed" a liveaboard at the end of the trip to mix things up...

The team at Pro-Divers offer Scooter (DPV) diving excursions - which are awesome and bring a whole new dynamic, allowing you to cross some of the bigger channels and if you're lucky, encounter some of the bigger schools of fish.

Highly recommended.

Back
Top Bottom