Maldives Aggressor- VERY BAD EXPERIENCE- If you have a scheduled trip read this!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Sometimes a single post is a hit and run. Other times new posters may simply not understand there's something of an expectation they will come back and reply to comments or otherwise participate on the board, or that people may look upon single posts like that suspiciously.

There are definitely legitimate cases of folks joining to post a single thing. This could be one of those, or it could be a dirty trick by a competitor. Pity there's no way to tell. I can say that I've joined other forums on occasion with the intent of only making a single post and never went back. For example I found a dive watch about a year ago and posted on every dive related forum I could find. Most of them I asked for a PM and set the forum up to email me if I got one.

Honestly it hadn't occurred to me that this could be a fake report. Pity that nobody has corroborated (or denied in the case of the op) the report. However this is at least the second post this year I've seen from someone on this forum mentioning the "agressor fleet" using the "not our fleet" copout. I'd think if it were a fake smear campaign a response from agressor to that effect might be appropriate. Hard to believe they would not know about this message. The post is in THEIR section of scubaboard and it has nearly 2,000 views. On the other hand they may just say "not our forum" and be done with it...

I was neither questioning nor supporting the OP.

I WAS commenting that we should be a little extra cautious with some posters who seem to have done a hit and run post, because in the past SB has often had one-post members who joined simply because they were out to cause damage to someone else.

Op may very well have had a legitimate complaint, and SB is certainly a good place to post and discuss such an issue.

I was observing that it is a possible red flag though when the OP hits once, and disappears.

Jim I was certainly interpreting your, shmuggy, and Damselfish's posts to be nothing more than suggestion caution in how they interpret this thread. I was extending that caution to all posts..:)

Thanks. I realized that.

I was simply clarifying my post to make it more obvious that I did not have any info one way or the other about the business or events being discussed, but was cautioning that we do get some who join just to attack, and then run away.

Such a poster should be read with even more reservation than one from an active SB member.

I'd second the recommendation for the Orion. It's a top class boat.

I have been on the Carpe Vita and the Maldives Aggressor recently and would be happy to address the differences between the two experiences via PM.

Read this with interest. We went to the Maldives last March on a live aboard, a once in a lifetime trip also. Started off ok but after a day we realized there were huge problems with the compressor and other equipment. Food also. Not to be long winded about it but after 4 days we wanted to leave. I ended up in tears as this was to be a once in a lifetime trip for me and my husband and it was anything but. There was one day where we had no diving. Am not kidding. We went with Blueotwo and the boat was Honors Legacy. When we came home we were all offered a partial refund. Fair enough but the holiday above the water was awful. Below it - magical. As a result of our experience we are really really loathe to book another live aboard which is a huge pity. And after reading this we will be even more reluctant.

Any more information on this poster's trip????

The OP's posting might be a suspicious posting if Scubaboard was not awash with stories not only of issues on almost every aggressor boat but more importantly the dismally poor business model that aggressor has. They have shown a total disinterest in helping to deal with any problems that travelers have and increasingly I am concerned that there is a disregard for safety of travelers. Most divers work under the belief that as a US based company they are bound by what Americans consider good customer service but increasingly it is obvious that not only are they not there to protect our interests but that they actually shield the "owners" from any comeback. Today its dirty boats, inappropriate crew. How long before there are life threatening safety issues.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom