Maldive - Best Dive spot of Asia

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

st_deep_diver:
maskatay: I wouldn't disagree with you, whether it is for exposure or not. I firmly agree with you. But there are certainly many other good sites in Asia. Maldives is the best so far i have visited.

there is no such thing as the best dive spot. the best dive spot comes down to what you think. primarily personal prerference. i havent been to the maldives but i have been all over the west coast of thailand (similians, hin daeng hin muang, richelieu rock, koh bon, koh tacha) and it is all great diving. some of the best ive ever done.

but there is just something about micronesia that calls me. ahhhhhh love the pacific.

have fun diving everyone!!!

it was a top dive spot before el nino. today, most of the coralls between surface and say 15m/45ft are gone. although some coralls are starting to come back it will take years until its back to that top spot it was and tourism will not destroy the rest. the islands turn to a hip destination with spas, 9 hole golf and tennis courts and swimming pools. who needs that in the middle of the indian ocean?

beeing divers and on honymoon - thats the place to be

i do not intend to get merried again but who says a liaison can't be good too :dazzler1:

swisstrav

I've never dived the Maldives but personally, I like Malaysia. It's go so many great sites and it's very cheap too. You're paying big bucks to dive the Maldives whereas Malaysia gives you amazing diving that can be done on a backpackers budget.

I have never been to Maldives but I am sure it is an excellent place to dive. However Asia is full of excellent divespots with so much variety that it will be impossible to get unanimous vote on one best place. Personally I have been thinking about going to Maldives for awhile but every time I planned a divetrip, other destinations kept popping up that seemed more interesting to me. So no Maldives in the near future but there will be Lembeh Strait x2 and Irian Jaya and keep my finger cross on Galapagos next year (well, it's not Asia but the same ocean to some of Asia anyhow :) )

Back
Top Bottom