Malapascua Shore Diving

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Skating101

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
0 - 24
Hey everyone im travelling to Malapascua for 3 weeks in 4 weeks and im considering purchasing a dive computer however only if there is good shore diving. Also any recommendations for a good hotel (hot water,electricity,good location) and a good dive shop (really want to see thresher sharks etc.)

Not good shore diving that I know of. I am not aware of anyone having hot water either. Keep in that the tap water on the island is brine which makes it very difficult to heat due to the salt.

Evolution divers (Evolution Diving The Natural Selection) are great (see my recent trip report).
They go out for sharks on a daily basis

Hey everyone im travelling to Malapascua for 3 weeks in 4 weeks and im considering purchasing a dive computer however only if there is good shore diving. Also any recommendations for a good hotel (hot water,electricity,good location) and a good dive shop (really want to see thresher sharks etc.)

The local water if far from being "brine" but you will pay a pretty penny to stay at a place with heated water (if there is one). I would also recommend Thresher Shark Divers. There isn't much shore diving mostly because it is pretty hard to get around the island as the only vehicles there are little 125cc scooters. If you insist you will be in pretty good shape by the end of your stay.:wink: I would recommend Cocobana as a good lower price place to stay near the beach - Garden view rooms start at 800 php and go up depending on air conditioning or not.

The local water if far from being "brine" but you will pay a pretty penny to stay at a place with heated water (if there is one). I would also recommend Thresher Shark Divers. There isn't much shore diving mostly because it is pretty hard to get around the island as the only vehicles there are little 125cc scooters. If you insist you will be in pretty good shape by the end of your stay.:wink: I would recommend Cocobana as a good lower price place to stay near the beach - Garden view rooms start at 800 php and go up depending on air conditioning or not.

thanks for the reply mate, we are looking to spend around US$50 - US$80 a night there so hopefully we can get a place with hot water and electricity. About the shore diving thanks for the info we wont get a dive computer.

I was there in November.

TSD = Outstanding
Cocobana = Nice mid range place to stay. I had hot/warm water.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom