Malapascua recommendations please!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

baragon

Registered
Reaction score
Hi

I'm planning on a trip to Malapascua in March and would like to know if anyone out there can recommend a specific dive resort. The few I've researched all look good, so any help will be very welcome.
My criteria is simply a nice resort with good boats and dive guides, the quality of diving is of high priority of course :wink:
thanks

baragon:
Hi

I'm planning on a trip to Malapascua in March and would like to know if anyone out there can recommend a specific dive resort. The few I've researched all look good, so any help will be very welcome.
My criteria is simply a nice resort with good boats and dive guides, the quality of diving is of high priority of course :wink:
thanks

The most comfortable would be Malapascua Exotic (www.malapascua.net). They are the only resort with an integrated dive center.

baragon:
Hi

thanks

Baragon,
Try Thresher Shark divers

http://www.malapascua-diving.com/index.html

They don't have a resort but there may be one room available on-site or there are resorts just a few stumbling paces away (it's not that big an island).

Thresher Shark divers has the best (fastest) boat on the island. It's a brand new shop but the owners have been working on the island for some time. Small groups and good diving.

Disclaimer: We're not affiliated with the shop but we just did 20 dives with them. Happy customers.

Good luck

TEERLKAY:
Baragon,
Try Thresher Shark divers

http://www.malapascua-diving.com/index.html

They don't have a resort but there may be one room available on-site or there are resorts just a few stumbling paces away (it's not that big an island).

Thresher Shark divers has the best (fastest) boat on the island. It's a brand new shop but the owners have been working on the island for some time. Small groups and good diving.

Disclaimer: We're not affiliated with the shop but we just did 20 dives with them. Happy customers.

Good luck

Thanks for the information. What I've researched are all similar prices so a good boat is always an advantage.

When I was in Malapascua, I dived with the people behind Thresher Divers formerly with Bubble07 and was very happy with their service. The diving operation is top notch. However, the resort they booked for me was quite far from the dive center(about 3-400m). I had to lug my heavy camera back and forth everyday to change film and batteries. Also the resort was really quite basic. The pool looked radioactive. The resort being surrounded by local village huts, I was kept awake by Karaoke music and roosters crowing at night.

I hear that they have rooms with mini-bar and satellite television at Malapascua Exotic. The dive center is also very close to the rooms. I'm not sure about their dive operation but I've heard good reviews from friends who dived with them. If you want more pampering, I think that this would be a good choice. The next time I go, I will probably try Malapascua Exotic.

seamonster:
When I was in Malapascua, I dived with the people behind Thresher Divers formerly with Bubble07 and was very happy with their service. The diving operation is top notch. However, the resort they booked for me was quite far from the dive center(about 3-400m). I had to lug my heavy camera back and forth everyday to change film and batteries. Also the resort was really quite basic. The pool looked radioactive. The resort being surrounded by local village huts, I was kept awake by Karaoke music and roosters crowing at night.
Reminds me when I stop-over at the in-laws.
seamonster:
I hear that they have rooms with mini-bar and satellite television at Malapascua Exotic. The dive center is also very close to the rooms. I'm not sure about their dive operation but I've heard good reviews from friends who dived with them. If you want more pampering, I think that this would be a good choice. The next time I go, I will probably try Malapascua Exotic.
Thanks for the info,i seamonster, I actually haven't looked these guys up yet. Will do asap.

cheers

seamonster:
...I hear that they have rooms with mini-bar and satellite television at Malapascua Exotic. The dive center is also very close to the rooms. I'm not sure about their dive operation but I've heard good reviews from friends who dived with them. If you want more pampering, I think that this would be a good choice. The next time I go, I will probably try Malapascua Exotic.

We stayed at the diveshop location - there is one room for rent there. No mini-bar (but Trevor and Andrea have cold beers for 35PHP) and no satellite T.V. - not sure how we managed without it!

There are resorts all up and down the beach from TSD, including Hippocampus (20 meters away).

Have fun!

We stayed at Exotic Dive Resort in July of 2003, great people, great rooms and food and good dive shop! All was well, with one exception when two groups got split up on a drift dive and I was with the unlucky group who was found 45 mintues later drifting into the abyss. Other than that they were great and I'd go back again.

Thanks for the advise guys. My mind's 99% made up on exotic. Now I have to decide on how long to spend there !

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom