Malapaschau Island dive

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

zed3

Reaction score
# of dives
25 - 49
Hi all fellow bubble makers,

just thought i would post my idve trip tp Malapaschau island, spell it different every time....
Arrived at Cebu, no one to meet me , no big deal get a taxi to the top of cebu and the ferry to the island where I was met with a sorry bout that, your first dive for free, so that was cool.
Accomadation was OK basic /delux room air cond , food they have a variety of restuarants to choose from so you wont starve.
First dive was an easy reef dive, just to get wet, currents were stronger then what I have dived with before but was ok as its all a learning curve, seas were also choppy so made getting out a bit of an issue but the boat boys were great, but just on that they also missed turning someones air on x2 not good, hence check your own gear and buddy check always.....i also like to set my own gear up.....know its done then...

2nd day was the thresher shark dive, which is why i was there, 22 to 25 mts on air, as soon as we got down one appeared as if on Q. swam around 5 or so metres away it was good..
arvo dive was another reef dive, lion fish , nudi's and the normal soft corals and tropical fish..

enrolled in NOX course and first dive was a manta dive same cleaning station as the sharks only in the arvo,( i must say here that certain nationalities just cant seem to follow dive plans, and give them a camera/flash and heaven forbid an underwater light of some 20 million candle power an they go stupid) enough said..

we had just got to the bottom an a manta started to circle us , at least 4 mts wide and close, well upuntil the others tried to play tag and get its photo on the front cover of playboy LOL

my guide and I moved to another location and saw 2 more mantas, again big and theey swam right over us 3 mts max away, the hi lifgt of the trip, really for me its the big stuff i want to see, its so humbeling to see them..

A night dive was planned for that evening, and not having done one decided to go and see what all the hype is about... was aprehensive , but in the end no big deal.

The night life on the island was no where to be seen , maybe wrong time of the year.

The following days were a wreck dive 28 mts on the sunken ferry, more reef dives
and 1 more night dive to see the manarin fish mate, again it was nearly spoilt by those who cannot follow a plan , but we saw these beautiful fish and my first sea horses so it was cool.
Overall i went to see the thresher sharks, i saw 1, but the mantas stold the sence and blew me away. All up i accomplished my nox cert, night dive, and a drift dive so alot of plus's there.
The thresher shark dive company were good, boat boys and guides were excellent, but check ur gear yourself.. would i go back, yes for the hammerheads sharks
sorry no pics of this adventure..pics from subic bay trip .

Attachments

• whale dive 012.jpg
    whale dive 012.jpg
    19.8 KB · Views: 50
  • whale dive 069.jpg
    whale dive 069.jpg
    25.9 KB · Views: 52
No offense zed, but your report is a bit hard to follow... by the way, where did you stay and which shop did you dive with? thanks for the report and good to hear you had some good thresher and manta sightings!

thanks for the report...
Sorry, what mean NOX course???

pakman:
No offense zed, but your report is a bit hard to follow... by the way, where did you stay and which shop did you dive with? thanks for the report and good to hear you had some good thresher and manta sightings!
he does seem drunk :D had to read and re-read it... Malapaschau... :D

@zed3: lucky of you to see all those manta's :thumbs-up and good to know you had fun. 3rd paragaraph: we can only guess what nationality you were referring to :girl:

ah uh... popcorn!!!! :D

Er... what are the pics of? Looks like a guide feeding some shark?

Traminer:
Er... what are the pics of? Looks like a guide feeding some shark?

I believe they're the false killer whales up in the aquarium in Subic...

iris_ice:
he does seem drunk :D had to read and re-read it... Malapaschau... :D
Maybe "nitrogen narcosis":D

that explains it. i was quite taken aback at first sight. we're not supposed to touch anything down under, right?

:D

pakman:
I believe they're the false killer whales up in the aquarium in Subic...

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom