MAKO Wetsuit Review

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

MAKO Spearguns

ScubaBoard Business Sponsor
ScubaBoard Business Sponsor
Reaction score
We just got a review of our MAKO wetsuit from a commercial diver. Thought I would share; this is an unsolicited review from a good customer.

Perhaps someone needs the bottom cleaned up in the Pacific NW?

Yo yo yo!!! Just got my new 5 mil suit for the summer, I'll go back to my 7 for the fall/winter/spring. This is the 1st blue one I've ordered and I'm juiced. I've been wearing these suits non stop since I took over my father's hull cleaning business up here in the PNW!! My business is named Bottom Time Diving Services, based out of Anacortes, Washington. I will never own a different suit as long as these are made. Best suit I've ever worn. You will continue getting my business!! Oh yeah that reminds me I need to order some 3 mil socks for the summer work season. Once again, thank you Mako and keep kicking ass!!! You're the best!!
Oh yeah, thank you to the shipping manager Justin for signing off on inspection of the suit!!

We've been diving 3mm, 5mm and 7mm @MAKO Spearguns Yamamoto wetsuits since 2019 and are diehard customers. I will never dive another bulky closed cell one piece suit ever again!

IMG_0910.jpeg

Do you have any suits that fit a guy 6’-4” and 230 lbs.?
I’m going to need to replace my Yazbeck soon.
The bottoms were always too short, so I’m looking for something on the long side.

Thanks for asking Eric! A stock suit should fit you well.

Mens 2-Piece Wetsuit Size Chart​

Wetsuit Size Height Weight
Youth Large (48) 4'10" to 5'2" 95-115
Small 5'1" to 5'6" 120-140
Medium 5'4" to 5'9" 145-160
Medium-Large 5'7" to 5'11" 160-170
Large 5'9" to 6'2" 175-190
X-Large 5'10" to 6'3" 190-205
XX-Large 5'11" to 6'4" 210-225
XXX-Large 6'0" to 6'6" 230-250+

Years ago my wife and I made the dreaded trip to the quarry to test some gear prior to an extended dive trip. One of our advanced instructors was there teaching a class and stopped by to chat. He is known for being blunt and looks at my 5mm Waterproof wetsuit and blurts out "your wetsuit is kind of big don't you think?" and I responded with "I've lost weight recently". He raised his eyebrows, laughed out loud and said "in your knees?". At this point my wife is laughing hysterically as I looked down at my stiff ill-fitting suit.

All of my Mako Spearguns Yamamoto wetsuits fit like they were made to order. This is due to the stretchy and flexible open cell Yamamoto neoprene. My weight has fluctuated 16% over the last 5 years (187 to 157 currently) attributed to weightlifting, fork lifting and/or age, but the flexibility of the Mako wetsuits always conform for a snug and proper fit.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom