MAKO: Dive Parka and Dive/Surf Poncho

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

MAKO Spearguns

ScubaBoard Business Sponsor
ScubaBoard Business Sponsor
Reaction score
Hey Guys,

We just added these bitchen dive/surf ponchos to our website.

https://www.makospearguns.com/Dive-Surf-Poncho-p/mdsp.htm

MAKO FACTORY DIRECT PRICING
NO DIVE SHOP MARKUP!
Only $24.95 each.

campaign-dive-surf-poncho.jpg

The MAKO Dive/Surf Poncho is the perfect piece of gear for those chilly days on the beach or on the boat.

• Wear it over your wetsuit.
• Black windproof Microfiber material keeps you warm and dry.
• Integrated hood and pockets keeps head and hands warm.
• The perfect change robe for getting in and out of wetsuits.

Get one for your dive bag and one to wear around the house!

We also are happy to introduce the:

MAKO Dive / Surf / Race Parka only $124.00

To all Divers from SoCal to Alaska, the Rocky Mountains to the Great Lakes and from the Mid Atlantic to Canada.

Please check out my new MAKO Dive/Surf/Race Parka. Only $124.00

I promise you, this is the best Dive/ Surf / Race Parka you will ever see!

• Wear it over your wetsuit or over your clothes.
• It’s waterproof, windproof, and it’s super duper warm.
• It’s super big and roomy and crazy comfortable.
• It’s so big you can change in it.

campaign-dive-surf-race-parka-lg.jpg

https://www.makospearguns.com/Dive-Surf-Race-Parka-p/mparka.htm

And…YOU CAN PEE IN IT!

That’s right.. Hands through pockets give inside access from the outside.

campaign-dive-surf-race-parka-urinal-lg.jpg

For use with the MAKO “Mini Boat Urinal” on boats, at beaches and anywhere in public. Ladies love this feature (no more disgusting porta pots)! And men use it too.

This really is the best Dive Parka on the planet!

Features Include:

• Waterproof and windproof outer shell.
• Extra thick/warm imitation lamb’s wool lining draws moisture away from the skin. Provides unmatched warmth!
• Fully lined integrated hood.
• Two way YKK zippers zip from inside or outside
• Inside chest pocket fits the largest of cell phones.
• Velcro wrist straps.
• Hands through pockets with inner and outer zippers.
• Additional gear pocket holds hats, gloves, Mini Boat Urinal, etc.

Thanks Guys for taking time to read this.

Dive safe,
dano

Question about the poncho:
The largest available size is "L".
Is that large enough for a heavy guy (2XL+ in the US, not Europe or Asia) to use and have room underneath for convenience operations?

Hey Scubadada,

You’re never too old to say, “Bitchen”! It makes you feel young again. My problem is that I say it way too often. Must be something wrong with me. Perhaps I’m stuck in the past on my single fin Gerry Lopez, a pair of corduroy OP shorts and some tire tread sandals from Tijuana. Man, those were some bitchen sandals!

Hey Schwob,

I’m 6’ 3” and 240lbs and a large is super roomy on me. Very comfortable.

Hey Tbone1004,

I actually bought a Surf Fur as well as several a few other brands to check out before making mine. The Surf Fur is a quality product, so I can see why guys like it, as are some other brands.

I think mine is unique for the following reasons, but these are just my opinions, as other divers may prefer the features on other brands.

• Compared to other parkas, my parka is much more roomy and spacious which makes it much easier to change in.
  • My parka has an outer shell with a synthetic lining, whereas some do not have the outer shell.
  • I also chose a two way YKK zipper instead of buttons/snaps. In my opinion the two way zipper provides more warmth because it zips the full length of the parka, not just buttoning from the knees up. When walking on a boat, you can simply unzip from the bottom (to just above your knees) for safety. And when you sit back down, you can zip all the way to the bottom to keep your legs warm.
  • The arms on my parkas are A LOT MORE SPACIOUS than other brands. This makes changing so much easier, as you can easily pull your arms all the way inside the MAKO parka, then do whatever it is you have to do. Then, you can put your arms back through the arm sleeves when you are done. You can’t do that with other brands because the arms are too tight.
  • My parka has YKK zippers on the outer pockets to prevent loss of valuables. The pockets also have inner zippers to allow for easy access to the inside of your parka without unzipping the main zipper. You can access your wallet, keys, or whatever you want without having to unzip the main front zipper. You can even use our MINI BOAT URINAL and nobody would ever know you are peeing.
  • I added an extra large zippered cell phone pocket on the inside chest to hold the largest of cell phones.
  • There is also an additional pocket on the inside for hats and gloves, etc.
  • For the wrist closures, I went with Velcro closure straps instead of corded drawstring closures because I think it is faster and easier and there is no dangling cord to get hung up on.
  • As for the price comparisons, because my business model is a bit different, my parkas are about $35.00 less.

As I mentioned, the Surffur and other brands are also very good quality products with attractive features. I just like the features on mine.

Dive safe,
dano

Surf fur owner here. The zipper versus snaps point is a valid one, and I’ve repaired a snap because it didn’t let go properly and unsnapped the wrong part. There is a Velcro pocket on the Surf fur that works okay for a phone the size of an iPhone 5 but is too small for the larger phones. Also, the Velcro wears and I’ve had to resew the pocket because the Velcro pulled the pocket off the jacket. The pockets of the Surf fur are two way pockets but it’s easy to loose smaller items. The size is not an issue as it is oversized a bit and you can always size up one more. The Surf fur has the wind blocker sandwiched between the two furry layers so it is reversible. When the inside gets wet just reverse it to dry out while still wearing it. I’m happy with what I got the Surf fur for originally, which was for my son as a better swim parka than the ones his team was providing, but that was many years ago. He’s outgrown it so I’ve reversed inherited it as a swim parka, dive parka, bathrobe, and housecoat. Dano’s summary is very fair and although I am happy with my jacket, I think I would have been equally, if not more happy with the Mako parka under different circumstances. In fact, I might have gone with the dive poncho instead.

i just can't stop laughing with the model cradling the shenis. absolutely hilarious. i can only imagine what that shoot must have been like.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom