Making my requisite check in

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Tracerbullet

Contributor
Reaction score
Hi all. New to diving. I just finished the academic part of certification and am waiting for dates to move forward with the OW cert.
This is something that has been on my bucket list for a long time and am finally in a position to start.
I have to admit I’m kind of nervous about having to remember all the steps for the water portion.

Hello and welcome!

Best advice is not to worry about it. Millions have done it and you can too!

Welcome. Just follow your instructor's lead, they won't give you more than you can handle. The first real buzz, for me at least, was just being weightless. Still is.

Hi all. New to diving. I just finished the academic part of certification and am waiting for dates to move forward with the OW cert.
This is something that has been on my bucket list for a long time and am finally in a position to start.
I have to admit I’m kind of nervous about having to remember all the steps for the water portion.
Have fun but remember to pay attention to skills & instruction also. "Your inflator hose is not an elevator button" was one of my best new diver tips, it's the best hobby I've begun 😃

hi! you'll be fine. just do what you did in the pool. if your instructor thinks your skills done in the pool are proficient enough to move to OW, then just do everything the way you did in class. I'm in your boat, waiting for the water to be warm enough!

You got this! As Kay_ann said, pool skills will give you plenty of "muscle memory" and help you acclimate quickly once you get in the water. If possible, try to stay mindful of your stress underwater and if you find yourself feeling tense, focus on taking a few slow deep breaths to stay calm. This helped me a lot in the early days. Have fun and stay safe!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom