Making DVD slide shows help

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

cdiver2

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
Just got my new puter up and running and want to make some DVD and CD slide shows, as I am completely new to this I have a few questions.

1/Explain DVD+ and DVD- whats the difference, is one better than the other.

2/ Format (size) of photo's for TV viewing.

3/ Will they work in England.

I am also open to suggestion's on software for making slide shows. Things I am looking for in the software.

Add music, individual timing for each slide, multiple transitions, Add text, able to make text move (ie wave), zoom in on picture giving the effect of movement.

Any and all help gratefully accepted

I am not sure about some of your inquiries but I can tell you a little about what I use.

I have Pro Show Gold 2.5 from Photodex. After trying other software I found this one to be the easiest to use. It is easy to download pics and music to the show you are constructing. You can zoom in and out, add text and it has many options for movement on the pic as well as the text.

You can make a CD that will play on "most" DVD players. After I create my CD I play it on my 42" TV and the pics are not distorted in any way, shape or form.

The CD can play on any computer even if the computer being used does not have the same software.

You can try the software out for a short period of time free. No strings attached.

You might give it a try, IMHO it is one of the better softwares out there.

socaldiver:
I am not sure about some of your inquiries but I can tell you a little about what I use.

I have Pro Show Gold 2.5 from Photodex. After trying other software I found this one to be the easiest to use. It is easy to download pics and music to the show you are constructing. You can zoom in and out, add text and it has many options for movement on the pic as well as the text.

You can make a CD that will play on "most" DVD players. After I create my CD I play it on my 42" TV and the pics are not distorted in any way, shape or form.

The CD can play on any computer even if the computer being used does not have the same software.

You can try the software out for a short period of time free. No strings attached.

You might give it a try, IMHO it is one of the better softwares out there.

After searching the internet for software it seemed that the best one was pro show gold.
Thanks again for the help
David

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom