making a full face mask

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Thank's again for the info mntdiver.I don't want to give anybody here the wrong idea,The whole reason I'm looking for a ffm is for the boat bottom cleaning I do on the side.(anti fouling paint has a burning affect) I know a new set up is'nt cheap and that my life isnt replaceable..and besides,I got a son to watch grow up..so I will leave this one alone.I've been looking around quite a bit and I kind of like the ffm OTS offer's(mantis) and my second choice would be the ffm from scuba pro.This mask would be primarily for work and depending on comfort,recreational dive's also_Once again,thank's for all the great info,charles

chucksterman:
Thank's again for the info mntdiver.I don't want to give anybody here the wrong idea,The whole reason I'm looking for a ffm is for the boat bottom cleaning I do on the side.(anti fouling paint has a burning affect) I know a new set up is'nt cheap and that my life isnt replaceable..and besides,I got a son to watch grow up..so I will leave this one alone.I've been looking around quite a bit and I kind of like the ffm OTS offer's(mantis) and my second choice would be the ffm from scuba pro.This mask would be primarily for work and depending on comfort,recreational dive's also_Once again,thank's for all the great info,charles

Just curious. Are you wearing a protective drysuit / gloves when you are doing this type of work? I don't know too much about anti-fouling paints, but I can imagine that this type of work might involve some hazmat procedures? Stinging doesn't sound too good and I know that some of these chemicals are insidious as they try to slowly leach into skin via multiple routes. Usually, I had head-to-toe coverage. I do remember some advice under public safety in the Technical Dive section of SB.

I used to work in some biologically polluted water and every once in a while something would get in through the FFM and give me the runs for a few days. Even a drop.

Best,
X

Hello all, Well I've been all over the net and am going to sleep on this for a few day's. Thank's for the link jcadwell,I've also looked at this ffm and didnt really care much for it.One of the local competitor's also uses one and let me try his.That's a negative on the dry suit Mr.X,I'm normally in a low current,so most of the garbage driff's away from me. But then there are times depending on positioning that I just cant avoid it. I'm alway's in a semi dry wet suit(3-6mm )with a hood at time's depending on water temp and wearing gloves. About the only part that seem's to bother me is my face. I'm leaning more towards the scuba pro ffm,anybody have feed back on them?

ok this is for the guy who is wanting to conver a scott full face mas for diving you can do it with some mild work i romoved some things and hooked up and old 2nd stage i had to it worked great air went in and out through the reg so i didnt have a free flow problem the only problem had was i cant equilize. but if you dont need to equilizes pm me and ill set you up with somethingthis is not ment for scuba diving and this should not be tried sorry have that i dont want to be liable for something that was just an idea. i made this work for a friend to use with his paint booth and work with carbon fiber

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom