Maker movement...

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

You should check out indiegogo campain the " be maker" if your dead set on learning electronics easy way they sell a ardunio kit for 69 bucks comes with tons of stuff and private lessons on ardunio which is the most popular maker chipset .....or rasberry pi there both great

We are knee deep in the makers movement.
Actually, they invited us to NYC last year,
and even gave us a free booth. It was very, very cool to
see what other makers design and build. Lots of activities surrounding
arduino type board and 3d printing. We, along with another maker, were the only
guys pushing an underwater centric agenda.

We are knee deep in the makers movement.
OK, share your project(s), please.

I love the work! I want to build something far less ambitious: a housing for a PO2 meter. I think I will start with Schedule 80 clear PVC tubing but I haven't determined a diameter yet. I just need plugs at either end with two o-ring's each. I also need to find a much smaller 200 mV meter than my Lascar SP200.

I love the work! I want to build something far less ambitious: a housing for a PO2 meter. I think I will start with Schedule 80 clear PVC tubing but I haven't determined a diameter yet. I just need plugs at either end with two o-ring's each. I also need to find a much smaller 200 mV meter than my Lascar SP200.

Thank you!. We are having lots of fun with it. We are prototyping several new items including an extension box for our gopro housing. This will allow the users to add arduino type boards, different battery packs ,etc. We also putting underwater connector for those with ORV/UAV or for longer underwater deployment of the gopro on the sea bottom.
We also have a new underwater light. It won't go as deep as our housing, but we hope to achieve 1000m (3000ft).

Good luck on your buil. Don't hesitate to reach out if you need some help.

NetDoc,
For caps there a quite a few ways to engineer the caps.
Take a look at the openRov project, create a mold and use smooth-on plastic or ask... There a several dive light builders on Scubaboard and candlepowerforums.com with the tools to assist.
Personally I use delrin rod and cut it down with my mini lathe. I can cut 3 inch material, and am modding my lathe this weekend so it can handle 4inch. All I'd need is a sample of the pvc you're using to ensure a solid fit.

As to the maker movement, I'm working on a dive computer, with pp02 and other items... Clear pvc ( cast) makes a fine in expensive housing.

adafruit was mmentioned also try sparkfun.com, pololu.com for sensors and ideas.
for circuit designs and builds a combination of upverter.com and oshpark.com has been working well me.

Cheers,
Chuck

https://medium.com/the-magazine/d2a360c7ac7b

Check that link out. It looks like public libraries are starting to provide maker spaces. I hope it's the start of a trend!

Me too... I went into Key Largo's version of a Public Library and asked where the electronics books were. They had nothing. Oh, there were books to wire your house and one for passing your electrician's exam. Nothing about a transistor. Nada about Ohm's theory. Squat about induction. Sad.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom