Make Rescue a renewable c-card too?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Are there really people that call themselves rescue divers?
:rofl3:That's really what we're talking about here, isn't it? If you value your rescue skills, you'll keep them up to date. If you don't, you'll let them lapse. Either way, the only people who care if their cert expires are the ones who want to call themselves "rescue diver". Wankers, in other words.

I don't really see why. It sounds like a bit of an ego thing - that people want to be able to call themselves rescue divers even if they haven't practised a rescue skill in five years. Well, if you're happy fooling yourself with your ever valid c-card, fine...

I see you sidestepped the question of why a Rescue card should expire and a GUE Fundamentals card should not - assuming the card carrying diver in both cases simply carries on diving and not does practise his skills.

Does a rescue card get you into a VIP room I don't know about? The first class lounge, maybe? No? Then who cares whether it expires or not?

So divers can take your refresher course even though their certifications don't expire? And if they did expire, the divers wouldn't lose anything except for the privilege of telling people they are rescue divers? So again, who cares if rescue expires or not?

Sorry to keep asking the same question; I guess it sounded rhetorical in my prior posts. Who cares if a rescue certification expires? If my driver's license expires, I risk a fine or even jail if I drive without renewing it. If an OW or AOW certification expired, a diver would risk losing access to tank fills, dive boats, quarries, etc. What would happen if a rescue certification expired? What access would you lose? What fine would you risk? What jail do they send you to?

:rofl3:That's really what we're talking about here, isn't it? If you value your rescue skills, you'll keep them up to date. If you don't, you'll let them lapse. Either way, the only people who care if their cert expires are the ones who want to call themselves "rescue diver". Wankers, in other words.

Not Wankers....an insurance requirement to use a pool.
An answer, thank you!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom