Maitland, FL

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

debersole:
Everyone has their own favorites, but I would recommend the following operators:

Jupiter
Jupiter Dive Charters (www.jupiterdivecharters.com)

West Palm
Jim Abernethy's Scuba Adventures (www.scuba-adventures.com)
Pura Vida Divers (www.puravidadivers.com)

Boynton Beach
Splashdown Divers (www.splashdowndivers.com)

Pompano Beach
Parrot Island Scuba (www.parrotislandscuba.com)

Good luck with the trip! If I can help, let me know.

..........if you had only two days to dive and have never dived the area, with who, and where would you dive? Might be my only trip to this area.

You mentioned you might be diving WPB that weekend. Are you diving with Jim Abernethy then? I have enjoyed reading some of Jim's articles. Might be fun to meet him. (I am assuming this the gentlemen associated with Shark Diver)

BTW, thanks for all of the above information. I am thinking by the end of next week I ought to get some reservations made.

debersole:
Everyone has their own favorites, but I would recommend the following operators:

Jupiter
Jupiter Dive Charters (www.jupiterdivecharters.com)

West Palm
Jim Abernethy's Scuba Adventures (www.scuba-adventures.com)
Pura Vida Divers (www.puravidadivers.com)

Boynton Beach
Splashdown Divers (www.splashdowndivers.com)

Pompano Beach
Parrot Island Scuba (www.parrotislandscuba.com)

Good luck with the trip! If I can help, let me know.

These are all good charters to go with. You can also try A1A Palm Beach Dive Charter

Sterling Diver:

I'm very biased, but if I was staying in Maitland and only had a couple of days to dive I would head to West Palm.

Yes, I'm diving with Jim Abernethy that weekend. As you expected he's the one associated with Shark Diver Magazine. He is a good friend of mine who has been diving the area for 40 years. And he has a million stories! If you're interested in joining our group, PM me with details and I'll sign you up. Check out my website (www.debersole.com) under "Galleries" for a bunch of photos from the West Palm area.

Doug

debersole:
Sterling Diver:

I'm very biased, but if I was staying in Maitland and only had a couple of days to dive I would head to West Palm.

Yes, I'm diving with Jim Abernethy that weekend. As you expected he's the one associated with Shark Diver Magazine. He is a good friend of mine who has been diving the area for 40 years. And he has a million stories! If you're interested in joining our group, PM me with details and I'll sign you up. Check out my website (www.debersole.com) under "Galleries" for a bunch of photos from the West Palm area.

Doug

.......bother so I made reservations to dive with Jim's for June 17 & 18. I am set to dive the morning dive both days and indicated I would do the night dive on Saturaday if they have enough to go out.

I am going to rent a car and drive down after my meetings on the 16th. I am staying at the Comfort Inn. I imagine I will see you and your group on boat.

Thanks again for your great advice and help.

Dave

just did my checkout dives in palm beach it was great
real relaxing diving. tons of life, warm water good vis.
saw my first morey and a BIG turtle and lots of puffers.
of course maybe it's just exciting to me cus I'm a newb
:)

Sterling Diver:

Glad you'll be down there with us. Look forward to meeting you!

Doug

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/
https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom