Magic Island - 3-9-09

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

piling #5 - we scootered from there around to the right and then back. I actually enjoyed the "green" water a bit - light work great for communication there :D

Although it may not be the nicest dive on island, it definitely was the nicest that day I checked conditions isle wide and found the surf to be 4'-6'+ except for that area so it was for sure the correct dive sight given the conditions. Our original plan was to go to e beach but with the high surf it just was not practical.

Yes my Pelican light was on, I was unclipping in that picture. I don't believe I will have any more lights form that maker. With only 2 dives it had flooded via the one way vent, a bit of epoxy fixed that, but still with only one "O" it should not leak at all.

Although vis was relatively poor in the channel it was oddly enjoyable to scooter along knowing you have just enough line of sight to feel through it .

definitely a good choice of dive sites - and one I'm sure I'll be doing again ... and for your next light might I suggest a Defender 180 from Piranha Dive Manufacturing - just check the lighting/strobe section (unfortunately you cannot link directly to products on their site :( ) - that's the light I was using yesterday - or if you want a slightly wider beam go with the mini-deep stars - of course they are only rated to 300fsw ... :wink:

See you next dive Brian :)

Aloha, Tim

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom