Made some weights

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

trigfunctions:
Lead fumes and lead dust can be very bad news for anyone working with lead or anyone else in their household, especially kids.
Be carefull guys ...this isn't a joke.......use an aspirator....keep far away your kids...

Azotiono,

Twice now you recommend an aspirator. FYI I do use a fan to blow the fumes away from me. Making an aspirator is not something I would like to do and my air compressor would not support something like that you would need at least a 20hp compressor and 100 gallon tank. Not a DIY to say the least. Now if you are talking about a respirator yea I got one.

trigfunctions,

As for the protection of my family. I do this outside where no kids will play. And I have dedicated clothing and equipment that are only used for this that stay in the garage. Plus I take a shower after I have completed my lead work. So I think everyone in my household should be fine.

426Scuba:
Azotiono,

Twice now you recommend an aspirator. FYI I do use a fan to blow the fumes away from me. Making an aspirator is not something I would like to do and my air compressor would not support something like that you would need at least a 20hp compressor and 100 gallon tank. Not a DIY to say the least. Now if you are talking about a respirator yea I got one.

trigfunctions,

As for the protection of my family. I do this outside where no kids will play. And I have dedicated clothing and equipment that are only used for this that stay in the garage. Plus I take a shower after I have completed my lead work. So I think everyone in my household should be fine.
Aspirator:
A device for removing liquids or gases by suction, especially an instrument that uses suction to remove substances, such as mucus or serum, from a body cavity.

I was talking to everyone....not at you, relax.
What are you doing it is a great safe way to work with lead.........and it is a good explanation to every else.

Stef,

I do know how an aspirator works (I worked with them in inflatable raft applications), and I was not offended. But being that you suggested it how do you purpose someone use an aspirator in this application I just don't see how one would be cost effective?

trigfunctions:
Good deal 426, it sounds like you know what you're doing.

I hope so, like others have indicated my family's safety is worth more than a few bucks and a hobby.

where do you find the mold to cast the weights and is there another post about making your own wieghts with a little more detailed info on it?

anything would be great!!

Steve!

I just scored at a garage sale and got a old plumbers cast iron pot for melting lead. It has everything I need. Now just to have a free weekend to do it.:D

Steve. I bought my mold through my LDS. It is in the Trident book. If I recall it was only a few dollars.

Charles

426Scuba:
Stef,

I do know how an aspirator works (I worked with them in inflatable raft applications), and I was not offended. But being that you suggested it how do you purpose someone use an aspirator in this application I just don't see how one would be cost effective?
Ok can we use the fan :D

regufool:
where do you find the mold to cast the weights and is there another post about making your own wieghts with a little more detailed info on it?

anything would be great!!

Steve!
Do you know....I was thinking to do a mold just for the pouche (integrated weight)

Back
Top Bottom