Macro photography with DC1000 Elite....please help :-)

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

very nice shot

WOW!!! that is awsome. Nice shot and thank you! Saddly I am land locked and cant practice in H2O all that often.I need to practice more. It is becoming abundantly clear the limiting factor in my photography is my skills.
If it's any consolation, I'm not thrilled with that shot, but it never would have taken place if I wasn't shooting an average of 200 pictures a week underwater with my camera... adjusting this tweaking that to get the settings that work for me.

I've been contemplating a "diopter" magnification lens as an add-on for macro shots, from this company...

ReefNet Inc. | SubSee Magnifier

They have adapters that fit most cameras... I haven't decided what to do yet (The adapter kit is expensive vs. the magnification diopter itself.) I might just pony up the $75 and put it in front of my lens to snap the macro shots

If it's any consolation, I'm not thrilled with that shot, but it never would have taken place if I wasn't shooting an average of 200 pictures a week underwater with my camera... adjusting this tweaking that to get the settings that work for me.

I've been contemplating a "diopter" magnification lens as an add-on for macro shots, from this company...

ReefNet Inc. | SubSee Magnifier

They have adapters that fit most cameras... I haven't decided what to do yet (The adapter kit is expensive vs. the magnification diopter itself.) I might just pony up the $75 and put it in front of my lens to snap the macro shots

Please let me know if you do this because I am very interested

No matter wich camera brand you use...it takes a lot of practice to make good shots.. here you have some macro shots using DC800.....ii know that i need a lot more of practice...but i'm now feeling happy with my shots.

best regards
brino

Attachments

• PICT0449.jpg
    PICT0449.jpg
    133.8 KB · Views: 66
  • PICT0381.jpg
    PICT0381.jpg
    96.3 KB · Views: 68
  • PICT1542.jpg
    PICT1542.jpg
    396.9 KB · Views: 73
Excellent pix

Hello Sandy,

The wide angle is a wet lens and would require water to be between the lens and the camera. On another note, make sur ethe lens is pushed on all the way.

With regards to the macro flash setting, this is an adjustment of the cameras sensitivity so when in macro Flash, it will let less light in as it is letting the camera know you are taking close-ups. I like to start shooting in macro flash first as it is easier to work with a slightly darker picture over a washed out one.

Hi Sealife Joe, On macros like this, would a diffuser help? I am debating getting one and cant decide.

The diffuser would most definetly help out in macro for both overexposing as well as softening the light from the flash.

Back
Top Bottom