macro / critters november in the Phils

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

funktup

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
Hi everyone, could someone give me some recommendations of the best place to go for macro / critters in November in the Phils. I am not looking for a dive resort although one would be ok just nice diving where i can get a nice B & B.

Thanks a lot.

For critters I'd say the top 5 locations would be:

1 - Anilao
2 - Anilao
3 - Anilao
4 - Anilao
5 - Anilao

If you're looking for a critter photography trip the best place in Anilao to stay could be Club Ocellaris, although pretty much every resort caters for critters there.

Although not in the top 5 Dumaguette (Dauin) is also worth a mention, but in all seriousness most areas in the Philippines have plenty of critters.

Hi funktup,

Yeah, I agree with Karl, the Philippines is filled with great macro. I've been in Malapascua for the past year and I love the macro here. The thresher sharks are so amazing to see but it has been the macro that has kept me interested. Good luck!

Anilao...actually am there right now! And Dumaguete as Karl mentioned. Malapascua is my fav overall dive destination in the Philippines for its combination of good macro + threshers

I spent a week at Portulano resort in Anilao/Batangas last December and the staff was fantastic. Saw my first pygmy seahorse there. Nice family run resort.

I spent a week at Portulano resort in Anilao/Batangas last December and the staff was fantastic. Saw my first pygmy seahorse there. Nice family run resort.

That's where I just came from in Anilao...loved Portulano

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom