Mach V - What is the OEM Corrugated Inflator Hose Length?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

gxtoast

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
0 - 24
Hi Oxy,

I wish to purchase the 30# Mach V (singles setup obviously). But, there are a few questions I need answered so that I can ensure I get the right configuration. I wish to purchase a Miflex hose for the wing and don't know what size to get. Essentially I wish to purchase a wing with an 18" or so inflator hose (medium length I believe - not too long, not too short):

1. What length is the default Mach V corrugated inflator hose? Nowhere is this stated in the product specifications!
2. Does the Mach V ship with a low pressure inflator hose? If so, what type - standard rubber or Miflex?
3. What is the required length for a Miflex low pressure hose to match the default corrugated inflator hose, if it is not supplied with the wing?
4. Are alternative sizes for the corrugated inflator hose available without making a separate order? IE, can a customer just specify the default size when making the order?
5. If not, what sizes are available for separate order?
6. If there is a fairly wide range of sizes (four or more) what is the additional required length when matching the low pressure Miflex inflator hose to each corrugated hose size? IE, should the low pressure hose generally be 6" longer than the corrugated inflator hose? Please can you list the alternatives and their corresponding low pressure sizes (for Miflex hoses)?
7. Finally, does the Scubapro BPI inflator unit (with pull-dump valve) fit the Mach V?

Thanks very much.

Nick

Oxy may take a while to reply, so Ill do my best to answer: I belive the standard size the faux corrugated hose is 16" ( both my Oxys 30 and 18lbs came with). Yes it will ship with a STANDARD rubber inflator hose which is 24" (about). As for as ordering with diff hose sizes im not sure, depends I imagine where you order from, but a phone call to Oxy is probably your best bet there. As far as "matching" inflator and corrugated, in small part it will depend on the hose routing of your first stage. I for example, single tank, use a 16" corrugated, that came with my Oxy, and swapped out the 24" standard inflator hose it came with and now use an 22" Miflex inflator hose, the lengthsmatch just fine. I have found the 16" corrugated hose too long and will swap it out with a 12 or 13" corrugated and couple it with an 18" miflex inflator hose. As far as question #7 sorry no idea. Hope this is of of some help. Good luck.

Thanks very much for your reply, buddhasummer. I received my Mach V a couple of days ago and it did indeed come with a 16" corrugated hose (and standard rubber 23" inflator hose). I also purchased a 25" Miflex BC hose.

I have not tested them yet (nor been able to rig up a complete kit with tank) but hope to do that this month in April. I need to get into a pool to calibrate my buoyancy properly.

Hopefully the flexibility of the Miflex will allow for the bit of slack resulting from a little too much length.

I'll report back with some comments about the lengths once I've tested them.

Cheers,
Nick

Thanks very much for your reply, buddhasummer. I received my Mach V a couple of days ago and it did indeed come with a 16" corrugated hose (and standard rubber 23" inflator hose). I also purchased a 25" Miflex BC hose.

I have not tested them yet (nor been able to rig up a complete kit with tank) but hope to do that this month in April. I need to get into a pool to calibrate my buoyancy properly.

Hopefully the flexibility of the Miflex will allow for the bit of slack resulting from a little too much length.

I'll report back with some comments about the lengths once I've tested them.

Cheers,
Nick

it may be too late but I would have tried a 22" Miflex first ( i use this with the 16" corrugated and it matches my rig just fine, any longer would be too long ), I would have thought the 25" would be "sloppy" long. However good luck either way the Oxys are great wings. Cheers from accross the ditch:wink:.

Cheers, buddhasummer.

I have just discovered that the coupling that screws into the elbow, from inside the bladder, is broken and the bladder will have to be replaced. I haven't used the wing yet and am still waiting on my regulators and dive computers to arrive.

It looks like the material being used is simply not adequate for the requirement. I have images but cannot upload them right now. Will append to this thread later.

I have requested an RA for the bladder (which contains the broken coupling) and will also be raising this issue with OxyCheq. This particular component should be over-engineered, as it would be better to err on the side of caution. I am lucky this did not fail while diving. I would have lost all air in the wing and not been able to refill using any method. Not good at all.

Ideally the component would be made of metal or an incredibly strong composite plastic or even carbon fibre. The plastic they have used simply looks too weak for the application.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom