Mach V on DSS/Hog Setup

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Nemrod:
but I might remind you and all, I am not the one with the tank hitting me in the head--vintage or modern or otherwise. You guys are.

Actually... CrazyMike is the one with the tank hitting him in the head. Most of us using a plate and an STA are doin' just fine, thanks. I must have plates, STAs, and wings from half a dozen different manufacturers and I don't have to do any mods with any of them. Like most folks, I have my tank in the proper position that allows me to manipulate the valve and some how I manage to do this without any knots on my head.

I like my STAs... unmolested... just like they came when I bought 'em. I wouldn't dive a single cylinder without one.

Please don't take this as an argument just because I prefer a STA and many people do as well. I wonder why as Tobin states and he is CORRECT, his plate and many others do have the camband slots in the correct place so one must ask---why don't they put the slots correctly placed in the STA as well for those who prefer a STA--I think that question pretty much returns us to the OP. He wants to use a STA with the camband slots correctly positioned.

As to molesting, the slots I cut were done with a high speed carbide wheel and drill and are essentiually undistinguishable from the originals. I work on turbine engines that people like you fly behind, I don't do hack work, if I did people would die.

N

I was joking, Nem. What you did with your STA looked great. I can do just about anything with wood...but metal? Eh... I find it a bit intimidating. I've always admired guys that could work with that stuff.

Oh... and I agree with you... if the slots on standard STAs were as you suggest, then it WOULD provide a bit more latitude for cylinder height. In my experience, however, I just don't NEED that.

I like your hat, where can I get one--lol? N

I think a feller as handy as you with a gun and a knife ought to be able to wrassle up his own coon skin cap... just gotta go sniff around the hills of Ole Kentuck.

realdiver7:
Since you already have the DSS Kydex BP, if you buy the new Oxycheq Mach V wing with cam slots, it will work just fine with the DSS Kydex BP, and you won't need a STA. Just remember not to overtighten the cam bands because the Kydex will bend outward towards the tank a little.

So has anyone tried the "new" Mach V with camband slots with a DSS plate (without using a STA)? How's that working?

Back
Top Bottom