MacDive for Shearwater Tern?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

OP
N

Nassim

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
1000 - 2499
I am loving my Tern TX but now trying to decide how to log my dives. I like MacDive so hoped it's enabled for Shearwater Tern but it's not connecting by Bluetooth. Are they compatible?
----Update
The website says Tern is supported so not sure why it's not connecting!

I am loving my Tern TX but now trying to decide how to log my dives. I like MacDive so hoped it's enabled for Shearwater Tern but it's not connecting by Bluetooth. Are they compatible?
----Update
The website says Tern is supported so not sure why it's not connecting!
In my experience support is very responsive. I’d shoot them an email.

Are you trying to download your Tern to your iPhone or to a Mac computer? The reason I ask is because I have difficulties getting my laptop version of MacDive to link with my Teric, but no problems at all linking the iOS version to it. My workaround is to download my dives to MacDive for iOS and then cloud sync. Then, when I get around to it, I launch the MacOS version and cloud sync to get it on my computer.

I've found that even with the official Sherwood app on my phone that I have to clear out the pairing and re-do it now and then. I suspect the bluetooth stack is not quite 100% somewhere...

Back
Top Bottom